Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tire pressure system inside the car seems to be CONSTANTLY wrong. It will throw off low tire pressure warning lights and beeps, but they tires are almost never low and are at the right p.s.i the sticker on the door recommends (30 psi cold).

Example-
This morning I went out to check the tire pressure in all of the tires before driving it because the warning light came on the night before, and since it says to have 30psi in them cold, I waited until the next morning to check. Every tire was right on 30psi except the right rear which was maybe 28 psi or so, but the system was reading it as like 32 psi while indicating that the front right tire was low (26 psi) when it was right on point according to a manual tire gauge (30 psi). The wheels were straight and I wasn't on a slope or an incline; a flat surface that's level is where I park.

Any ideas on how to correct this? Is the system malfunctioning? The tire reset seems to be useless....

Car- '08 Impala LT 3.5 motor

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My right rear tire had a nail in it. Chevy service dept. plugged it up and apparently that can trigger the tire pressure system...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm having the same problem but my car has custom wheels. I'm not going through the expense of having the monitor sensors replaced into the new wheels. Is there any way to disable the system? Specifically the stupid orange warning light? All 4 of my tires are exactly the same as far as pressure, and I check it every week. We just installed the wheels on friday..

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i would try a re-sync on the TPMS system by following the manual's process. maybe they somehow lost sync and a re-sync could fix it. either way it's only 5-10 minutes of your time to know if that simple fix could resolve the issue. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts