Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala (50th Anniversary edition) and there are times when the service engine light will come on and the dash will say tighten gas cap. So I tighten the gas cap and the light stays on. I know it's not the gas cap (which I have replaced) because it's tight. Is there a sensor or air vent that is getting dirty?

Thanks
Mark

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is an EVAP canister vent solenoid behind the filler neck, take it out, clean it up, and lube it.

Reactions: cabowabodude

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala (50th Anniversary edition) and there are times when the service engine light will come on and the dash will say tighten gas cap. So I tighten the gas cap and the light stays on. I know it's not the gas cap (which I have replaced) because it's tight. Is there a sensor or air vent that is getting dirty?

Thanks
Mark

When you say that you've replaced the gas cap, what did you replace it with? Did you go to a auto store? You need to go to the dealer, supply your VIN, and get the EXACT gas cap for it.

Source: Spent $800 replacing valves and sensors only to realize the gas cap I bought from the Auto store was bullshit.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I replaced my gas cap with a locking gas cap from Canadian Tire, so that no one can suck out my precious fuel. It works fine, but a couple of times I got that 'gas cap loose' message and it was because the cap wasn't locking properly. I think it needed lubricating, but it works fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts