Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P2440 (x2) failed check air valve.

P0411. Circuit relay defective/ check connector wiring/ air pump defective

P0442 (x2)defective or lose fuel cap/EVAP canister or hose cracked-not connected/purge or vent solenoid defective/vacuum leak at engine

P0449 purge or vent solenoids defective/check connector & wiring/fuel saturated vapor canister/failed EVAP vent solenoid

P0455 (x2) defective, loose or missing fuel cap/EVAP canister broke, hose cracked or not connected/purge or vent solenoid defective/vacuum leak at engine

P2430 (x2) failed air pressure sensor/open or short circuit condition on the AIR pressure sensor circuits

P2431 Failed air pressure sensor/open or short circuit condition on the AIR pressure sensor circuit

The thing is I have no idea where to begin looking for any of this. Im not completely ignpop rant about car maintence or full engine rebuilds. Its just Ive never worked on anything newer then a 98. And quite frankly newer cars have wayyy to many electronics lol. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Is your car still under warranty, take to dealer
If not check air pump and hoses for damage, bad air injection switch value stuck open, possible bad ecm.
Again if you have warranty take to dealer part of emission controls. Also goggle on net for fixes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
What was done just before they all popped up? Check the gas cap. Clear all codes and see what comes back. Bad ground somewhere? Check all fuse's. How many miles on that thing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's the problem right there. Mother in law. Haha its just a general fact that women do not maintain there rides nearly as much as they should. Follow the warranty device and back it up with a full check up from another shop. If you don't have a trusted shop make sure to keep your receipts.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Haha its just a general fact that women do not maintain there rides nearly as much as they should.
Agreed but, def sounds like more than the average women could handle on her own. She would probably just waste money at a dealer.

Anyways first off I will admit I am NOT familiar with the 8th gen problems :yikes: But, from going over your codes I think it's prob a wiring issue, relay, vacuum leak, or possibly failing solenoid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2008 impala. Getting p0411 code. Did you find out what it was. Loosing faith in chevy after40 yrs. this car must be a lemon. Codes codes codes. Think I have had enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts