Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala (50th Anniversary edition) and the ABS light & traction control light will come on if there is a lot of rain on the pavement. I'm all most thinking there is some open area in the wheel well that is allowing a sensor to get wet. The light will go off when the car is shut off and not come back on until the next time there is heavy rain on the pavement. It never happens on dry days or cold days, just when there is heavy rain with water coming up from the wheels.

Thanks
Mark

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
On the back of each wheel there is a wire connector for the abs sensor, get some dielectric grease, and some contact cleaner. Unplug each one, clean it out, and put some of that grease in it. I think you are getting water in the plugs, this should take care of it.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I have a 2008 Chevy Impala (50th Anniversary edition) and the ABS light & traction control light will come on if there is a lot of rain on the pavement. I'm all most thinking there is some open area in the wheel well that is allowing a sensor to get wet. The light will go off when the car is shut off and not come back on until the next time there is heavy rain on the pavement. It never happens on dry days or cold days, just when there is heavy rain with water coming up from the wheels.

Thanks
Mark
cabowabodude,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. I see that “kingnutin” offered a possible cause. I also think this issue is related to a sensor issue. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an inspection and official diagnosis. If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis (assisting Katie)
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts