Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 3.5 flex-fuel with 75,000 miles and there is a distinct squeal for a couple of seconds when the engine is started, more so when cold. I tried doing a search but didn't find anything (which could just be me). Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Harold

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I would guess that the noise is a belt. Possibly slipping or misaligned. How long have you had the car/ how long has it been squealing on start up?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I've had this happen a couple of times too when it's cold on startup. I guess it just happens when its cold and isn't causing any problems.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
It's from a cold belt. You might also experience it in 100 degree weather as well. I know that's how my car reacts anyways. Could be a weak tensioner, stretched belt, etc. but in my opinion its just because of the cold and nothing is wrong.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
If its just when its cold, I woukdnt get too concerned. But from your first post, it sounded like its always, but worse when its cold. If so, I would get it checked out or check it out myself. If a belt or tensioner needs to be replaced, that shoukdnt be disregarded

·
Registered
954 Posts
Harold, I do recommend taking your Impala to your Chevrolet dealership if the concern persists. Please keep us posted, and don't hesitate to send me a private message through the forum if you have any additional questions along the way!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts