Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! So I had been having trouble with my tranny for awhile. Before I added the transgo shift kit it slipped/shuddered off the line, the shifts were way to soft and mushy. Now that I added the shift kit the up shifts are very nice, however the downshifts aren't pleasant lol. When I mash on it around 30-40, it revs like it's in neutral, then slams into gear spinning the tires (dry pavement, too!) activating traction control. I'm not blaming the shift kit, but it wasn't doing it before. It was slipping before, and now it's too harsh. The kit really improved up shifts and downshift from 3-2. But 2-1 at heavy throttle is horrible. Here's a video: https://vimeo.com/191911932

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am wondering if you Rebuilt your Transmission before you added the Transgo. No not always needed and if I read your post right you were having issue with your Tranny for a while before you installed it? One of the things is that it was made to make faster shifts so there is no delay between shifts! Not really made as a Rebuild Replacement if your transmission is damaged.

What I know of the kit. They are there for great upshifts and are known to be little harder on the down shifts. Infact known to take it to Low on demand and can be what the problem is. When you "Mash" it the Transmission needs to understand the commands from the car and if it is damaged it will not be able to do this in a smooth fashion.

This is only a guess.

James

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow, I have 3.69 gears and the same shift kit and my trans does not do that..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I didn't rebuild the Tranny. I am wondering now that I have put it back together, people are saying you need to rough up the accumulator bore with a scotch brite. I skipped this step So should I take it back apart and do this?

·
Registered
659 Posts
When I put the transgo kit in the acumulators of my '08 impala I didn't scuff up the bores either. I must say though after I did it I didn't reset the transmission adapts and as a result the trans shifted very harshly. I was squaking tires in 3rd gear! After I reset the adapts with a tech2 it shifted much smoother, even on kick down.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I don't have a tech2, can I reset them the same way with unhooking the battery for a couple hours?

·
Registered
659 Posts
That could work. You can also make sure that all the capacitors in the controlers are drained by holding the positive and negative cables together for 30 seconds to a Minot.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts