Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I just swapped out all my speakers and will be pulling a 4g power cable to the trunk for an amp and subs.. can anyone give me a hint on the best spot to go though the firewall?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi there - I just swapped out all my speakers and will be pulling a 4g power cable to the trunk for an amp and subs.. can anyone give me a hint on the best spot to go though the firewall?
This should be the same on your SS as all 06 and up Impalas, W bodies for that matter... look under the carpet close to the firewall, on the passenger side near the console... you should see a square grommet with a big wire harness running through it. This is the best spot to pull the power wire through.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As you have an SS, your engine compartment layout is probably different. Mine is an '07 LT with the 3.1 engine. I duct-taped the amp power cable to a very stiff metal rod (you can use a long screwdriver) and pushed the rod/cable from the engine compartment through the firewall opening described by WickedGoat to the car interior. To gain access to the firewall area in the engine compartment I removed the coolant recovery container (two screws) and lifted it up and out of the way.

Or, you can start in the interior and push it into the engine compartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts