Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 SS has 32000 on it and the front struts feel awfully weak. I went over a large bump yesterday driving about 30 and bottomed out... hard... Is this shitty design or are my front struts bad? The car is under a bumper to bumper warranty and I would love to get the struts replaced but im not sure if its worth the fight trying to convince them that it needs it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 07 SS has 32000 on it and the front struts feel awfully weak. I went over a large bump yesterday driving about 30 and bottomed out... hard... Is this shitty design or are my front struts bad? The car is under a bumper to bumper warranty and I would love to get the struts replaced but im not sure if its worth the fight trying to convince them that it needs it.
Question does your car bounce when going over a bump? Does it sway to much when cornering or going thru a curve? Do you have bad tire wear in the front? Try pushing down on the front of the car and it should go down and back up not bounce down again. Yes to any of these questions then I would go in and have them checked and replaced. Be prepared for them to say there are good or couldn't find problem with them.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its pretty bouncy over rough roads... no sway, and when I do a push-down test there is a slight bounce (car comes back up, but then drops again slightly). My previous daily-driver was a 95 Camry, in which I replaced the front and rear struts. That car's struts were far better than my 07 SS, which is a little hard to deal with. I just wasnt sure if these factory struts were generally bad all around.

I have an appointment in 4 days to get my fuel level sensor float replaced, and they are going to check the struts as well.. I really hope they give them a thumbs down and replace them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah its pretty bouncy over rough roads... no sway, and when I do a push-down test there is a slight bounce (car comes back up, but then drops again slightly). My previous daily-driver was a 95 Camry, in which I replaced the front and rear struts. That car's struts were far better than my 07 SS, which is a little hard to deal with. I just wasnt sure if these factory struts were generally bad all around.

I have an appointment in 4 days to get my fuel level sensor float replaced, and they are going to check the struts as well.. I really hope they give them a thumbs down and replace them.
If you can get them replaced then this will buy you time. You are better off going with after market struts are much better then OEM. Thats what I plan on doing when I get a chance and $$$$.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you can get them replaced then this will buy you time. You are better off going with after market struts are much better then OEM. Thats what I plan on doing when I get a chance and $$$$.
Hey Manoogia86- were yopu able to get new aftermarket struts installed? If so, how are they working out and what brand did you get? I have an 07SS with 53000 miles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
my 2008 ss v8 has less miles than you guys [26,500] no problems so far.. of course had gm do a 4 wheel alignment /done/ no/charge with less than 500miles.. i also have dan rome strut braces front and rear, if that effects anything.?. daughter 2006 monte ss v8 has 105,000 miles on ,nothing ever replaced, always handled better than our impalas..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts