Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my oil last week and noticed a little oil on the side of the oil pan. There was also a slight drip coming off the frame that only appeared once I put the front wheel up on ramps.

The oil level was full after 3500 miles and car is still warrantied so Im not all that worried, but just looking for some ideas as to what could be leaking so that the dealership doesnt give me a run-around. I was thinking it could just be the pan gasket, this wouldnt explain the drip coming off the frame. It is hard as hell to find oil leaks on this car without taking it apart, everything is in there so tight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Changed my oil last week and noticed a little oil on the side of the oil pan. There was also a slight drip coming off the frame that only appeared once I put the front wheel up on ramps.

The oil level was full after 3500 miles and car is still warrantied so Im not all that worried, but just looking for some ideas as to what could be leaking so that the dealership doesnt give me a run-around. I was thinking it could just be the pan gasket, this wouldnt explain the drip coming off the frame. It is hard as hell to find oil leaks on this car without taking it apart, everything is in there so tight.
Where on the pan? Was it on the oil filter side? Oil sensor side. I had what I call road oil pickup and had to wipe it down. Looked everywhere around the engine with a flashlight and couldn't find any other reason for this.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was opposite the oil filter... I want to say either toward the rear of the car or toward the passenger side.

Never heard of road pickup... there was no dripping off the pan, just one side was covered in a thin layer of dirty oil. There was a single drip line coming off the frame (basically dead center in the front of the car) though that I believe only showed up once I put her up on ramps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It was opposite the oil filter... I want to say either toward the rear of the car or toward the passenger side.

Never heard of road pickup... there was no dripping off the pan, just one side was covered in a thin layer of dirty oil. There was a single drip line coming off the frame (basically dead center in the front of the car) though that I believe only showed up once I put her up on ramps.
What I mean about road pickup is look at how your engine get dirty, dirt and oil but no leaks. Where does this come from road crime.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still have bumper to bumper till 48000 :biggrin:

They also replaced the steering rack (even though it didnt need one... there is a squeek coming from the wheels when I back out of a spot that they though would fix, but it didnt, so hey.... free rack) and a hub bearing.

If it werent for this warranty Id be broke!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts