Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my 2007AFM 3.9 (blown) for a 2007 3.5 . I have a (wrecked) donor 07 impala with a good running 3.5 . any advice ?? how difficult would this job be ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I want to change my 2007AFM 3.9 (blown) for a 2007 3.5 . I have a (wrecked) donor 07 impala with a good running 3.5 . any advice ?? how difficult would this job be ?
Thinking just a swap and reprogram of the ECMwhich a dealer can do or you can do online at GM Tech2Web or something like that as long as you have the proper cable. AESwave.com has the cable for $99 and 2 days access to GM's site is $55 last I checked. I'd personally take both vin numbers and call a dealer service dept or visit in person. Intake system and othe stuff comnes to mind but I'm 99% sure it can be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3.9 to 3.5 LTZ swap

Thanks for your reply! Is it possible to swap the computer and or any other electrical components from the donor impala or will I have to get the LTZ "re-tuned" no matter what. Just weighing in all my options on this job. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.