Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 LT 3.5L w/ the floor shifter.

Every once in a while when I shift, it feels like its stuck in Park, or doesn't want me to shift to Reverse. Its not shifting as smoothly as it normally should, and I have to give it a little extra tug to get it out of Park. But its only from Park to Reverse, every thing else is extremely smooth, like it should be.

I'm not leaving the car sitting for a long period of time, and I'm not exactly sure whats causing it, or if it even matters.

Has anyone else had this problem? or does anyone know whats going on with it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you parking on a slant? that will cause that

I've had it happen to me parking in my own driveway, which is flat. It's also happened on slants. I just want to make sure its nothing thats being messed up with the trans

·
Registered
465 Posts
ok just checking. take a look at the trigger on the shifter. the cobalts have a bad habit of breaking and will cause the plunger not to go down all the way to release it from park

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok just checking. take a look at the trigger on the shifter. the cobalts have a bad habit of breaking and will cause the plunger not to go down all the way to release it from park

There isn't anything wrong with any part of the shifter, its just that initial rough shift from Park to Reverse. After that its fine, until the next time it happens.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this issue further. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage, I will be able to take further steps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts