Impala Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl's trans fitting modification 07 Impala SS GUY's, I'm new to this forum.I want to share something that I've done to my Impala SS. I had the same quick disconnect leak at the transmission. I ended up buying two Earl's #361-785066 , 9/16-18 thread end x 3/8 barbed opposite end. So the new fitting thread into the transmission like the OEM did but now you can cut the factory 3/8 tubing end's off to the determined length you need and use 3/8 fuel injection hose with fuel injection 3/8 clamps to connect the cut end to the new 3/8 barbed end that is now attached to the trans. The one thing I did add was an inline Magnafine 3/8 filter to the return line (bottom)just above the trans pan and a 10 oz bottle of LubeGard red. I use the filter as a safe guard to help keep clutch fiber and furrus metals from traveling throughout the transmission. An added note , I have 2002 Honda Odyssey with the dreaded trans that was a problem for Honda. I put a inline Magnafine filter on the return line and use the factory OEM Honda transmission fluid with a 10 oz bottle of lubegard red. I started this when the Honda had 35k on it. It now has 205k and still shifts as when it was new. I also change the transmission fluid at every engine oil change which is 4-6k. I use synthetic motor oil in all my cars too

Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts