Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about a <~~ Locking Fuel Door for a 07 Impala SS???? Looked for days, only found chrome and racelook, I also found a black one.. Would like to keep my door and put on a lock. Bought a Stant Instant fill cap, looks great, need a lock door.???? Maybe a key lock cylinder with bat arm on the back, Dont really know what you would call that kind of lock. Just want to drill a hole in my door, or replace the whole door with a locking door.
I have never seen a subject so obscure, I feel like I am the only DA looking for this. Or what????? google was no help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I would like to do.....

Is Just pull a lever, or push a button to open the fuel door. That way you dont have to give out any keys or take up time with the fueler. I live in Oregon. You cant put gas in your car here. The station attintendent has to do it. State law. With the instant fuel cap, all you would need to do is push the button or pull the lever, With the instant fuel cap, no hassel with a locking cap. I saw a locking fuel door on ebay for a old camero, didnt know the camero had one. I dont know how to do a crossover on parts to other chevy models that have the locking door option. Thanks for writing

·
Registered
913 Posts
Are you saying you want a door that is similar to what comes on the Avalanche's? Where you just push on the door and it pops open/close?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Close but not quite

Like an Avalanche but Remote. Tryed to look up parts for the 07, nada. Found relay only. I am not sure the door will fit my 07 Impala. It would be nice to find a kit to install a latch on my door a locking relay and wiring harness and button.
I would like to push a button under my dash and the fuel door will pop out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts