Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yeah I was thinking black headlights with a chrome grill would look nice. Right now I feel chrome headlights with a chrome gill is a bit much. I'd rather have black headlights than a black grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
If you want to see what they will look like, check my Garage. I have the same black headlights, but the regular black CCFL versions. Should at least give you an idea what they will look like. The halos probably won't be as "uniform" or as bright (since mine are CCFL with no tint), but should still look close.

Thanks to @DirtyHarry for being the first to order these and recommend them! I had all but given up on aftermarket headlights due to quality issues until he recommended these Spyder halos! :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Here - I'll make it easy on you (and others who want to see the Spyder CCFL headlights in action):

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I like them, a lot actually. The only thing I don't care for is the four little lights at the top.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty picky about headlight quality, but these really are pretty high quality compared to the other aftermarket headlights I've tried. I'm sure the outer lens finish won't last as long as stock, but I haven't had any issues yet (but my car is garage kept too). I didn't do that, but if you put some sort of UV protector on them, it would probably help avoid peeling lenses (if it's even an issue with these - haven't really seen any complaints about that yet - but it's usually what goes first on aftermarket headlights).

Regarding the 4 little LEDs up top, you don't have to wire them it. You decide if and how to wire up the halos and LEDs up top, so you can leave them disconnect and you'd never even know they were there. You could also install different color LEDs too (they are replaceable).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I think I'm going to order a set when I get some extra money. Does anyone have a how to on how to wire them? I try to stay away from wiring so any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
There are some YouTube videos that show how to do the wiring. Do a search on the forum for "headlights" in posts by "DirtyHarry" - he links to the videos in one of his posts. Like I said, it's not hard at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Just be careful - they are scratched (according to the description), don't include any bulbs and were returned (for whatever reason). By the time you win the auction, pay shipping and replace the bulbs, not sure sure if that would be a good deal or not... Plus, someone probably returned them for a reason.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
There are some YouTube videos that show how to do the wiring. Do a search on the forum for "headlights" in posts by "DirtyHarry" - he links to the videos in one of his posts. Like I said, it's not hard at all.

Ok thank you :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

What do you guys think?.. I want something different than stock just having a hard time settling on a set

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Those are nice, just be careful with them because i know some people have trouble and the brake light not illuminating.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
So two of my rims have the clear coat peeling off the center cap. Contacted the seller since they have a 1 year finish warranty.. Which expires next month. If they replace them I think I might take them off the car and try to sell them. They are nice, but I want something different. Been looking at rims like Silver4Door has on his Impala. I am really liking these, but will they even fit?

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have those tail lights and love them. My headlights are Anzo/eagle eye. I love them. I have a problem with my driver halos where I have to turn my lights off and on occasionally to get the halo rings to light up.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts