Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've had my car for just over a year. Purchased it on Feb 7, 2015.

I purchased it with some typical body damage. Scratches and a couple small dents. Not really surprising considering it has over 132,000 miles on it. Previous owner was lived in Ohio and was a moron and screwed a license plate directly to the bumper.

It had 5% window tint on all the windows but the windshield. That was until around September when a young state cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket. It was either remove the front window tint and get the ticket waved, or pay a $275 dollar ticket. Needless to say I had it removed from the front.

Anyway current plans are to get some lowering springs. De-badge most of the emblems. Get a SS style wing. Replace the front bumper cover. Possibly replace the back bumper cover with one with the exhaust cutouts and do a duel exhaust.

Currently has the stock rims on it for the Michigan winter.

I have a set of Millani Force 457's for when it gets warm.

Picture of the rims on the car right before I removed them until it gets warm again. Definitely needs lowered, not liking the wheel gap.

It had a Pioneer AVH-4700BS Double DIN stereo installed with Rockford Fosgate speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking ride :eek:k3:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, was back in the day. It's some of my dad's old stuff. The rest of the collection is stored away currently.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Photo from the front late last year. If you look close you can see where the bumper is messed up from the previous. All well, kinda wanted to get a mesh grill anyway. I liked the chrome at first but want to change it now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, I should try that. Looks so much better with tint on the front.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Easier said than done, at least in my state.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know anyone who has one so I'm not sure how it is in Michigan.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So as far as lowering springs go. I've seen on here I think it was Canuck Motorsports Grand Prix/Am ones are the best? I'm looking to lower it before the spring/summer rims go back on.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Canuck Grand Prix 97-03, just ordered mine the other night :eek:k3:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a mod but finally got all the salt cleaned off.

About to purchase lowering springs from CM. Anyone know of some decently priced struts that are good quality? Mine are worn out. Figured I'd buy new ones swap the springs than install them.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I'm going with the Monroe quick strut, uses OEM spectrum struts and lifetime warranty. Will pair up nicely with my lowering springs.
KYB is also a good brand. If looking for best of best KYB AGX $400 plus another $150-$200 for mounts, insulators and boots.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where did, or are you going to be buying the Monroe struts from? I know they are a good brand. The price on the KYB is a bit more then I want to spend.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Amazon. About $400 for all of them. Front and tears.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts