Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum here. Maybe ill eventually get around to posting an offical introduction but for now just wanted to say im upgrading my stock hazed headlights for some aftermarket projector assemblies that i am going to install HIDs in. Just got my new projectors today and they look awsome! Waiting on the HIDs to arrive still but still researching anyway and coming up with a plan on the install. I ordered the projectors off amazon for around $140 after i signed up for $60 off by applying for another amazon credit card that ill never use haha and HIDs from xenonpro.com for around $80. Xenonpro is 50% off right now until friday I think so that dosent seem like a bad deal! Cant wait to see what trouble ill run into with hooking these up!

Projectors- wanted a more stock look, so i went with these.

https://www.amazon.com/06-13-Impala-Limited-Projector-Headlamps/dp/B07KJGKQXQ

HIDs- 35wat 5000k alpine white, anti-flicker harness

https://www.xenonpro.com/h1-single-beam-xenon-hid-headlights-kit

Ill post pictures when the fun begins!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hello and welcome! Those are a sweet looking set of headlights you purchased. I prefer the stock-ish look as well, personally.

I'm excited to see your pics! Welcome again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres some photos of what I have done so far...applied a bead of silicone around the headlight assembly to be certain moisture does not get inside the housing, drilled a 7/8 hole in the back of the low beam cover to route wires from the lamp and mounted the ballast on the underside of the housing along with the HID module. Still have an anti flicker harness and DRL harness to add to this! Turning into alot of wires just to upgrade some lights haha. Its nice how easily the lights can be removed on this though and the amount of space around the light

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey all, new to the forum here. Maybe ill eventually get around to posting an offical introduction but for now just wanted to say im upgrading my stock hazed headlights for some aftermarket projector assemblies that i am going to install HIDs in. Just got my new projectors today and they look awsome! Waiting on the HIDs to arrive still but still researching anyway and coming up with a plan on the install. I ordered the projectors off amazon for around $140 after i signed up for $60 off by applying for another amazon credit card that ill never use haha and HIDs from xenonpro.com for around $80. Xenonpro is 50% off right now until friday I think so that dosent seem like a bad deal! Cant wait to see what trouble ill run into with hooking these up!

Projectors- wanted a more stock look, so i went with these.

https://www.amazon.com/06-13-Impala-Limited-Projector-Headlamps/dp/B07KJGKQXQ

HIDs- 35wat 5000k alpine white, anti-flicker harness

H1 - Single Beam - Xenon HID Headlights Kit - Free Shipping & Lifetime Warranty - XenonPro.com

Ill post pictures when the fun begins!
How did this ever turn out? Any pics of the completed project?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It went pretty good. Just had a mixup on bulb sizes because the headlight manufacturer basically did not know which bulb went into the housing. So I have some H11 HIDs sitting around because shipping back to canada was more than how much I paid for them. Also it was advertised that the LED strips in the projector housing were DRLs and I realized later on that they only work with normal lights on or parking lights on. Looks good though. I will post some pictures tomorrow after it stops raining!

·
Registered
364 Posts
It went pretty good. Just had a mixup on bulb sizes because the headlight manufacturer basically did not know which bulb went into the housing. So I have some H11 HIDs sitting around because shipping back to canada was more than how much I paid for them. Also it was advertised that the LED strips in the projector housing were DRLs and I realized later on that they only work with normal lights on or parking lights on. Looks good though. I will post some pictures tomorrow after it stops raining!
Thanks. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did this ever turn out? Any pics of the completed project?
Here it is! Eventually I am going to put in LED high beams and LED fog lights. Found some decent LEDs on superbrightleds.com probably go with those unless I get any better suggestions. Aiming the lights on this was super easy too. They have made a nice difference in driving at night.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here it is! Eventually I am going to put in LED high beams and LED fog lights. Found some decent LEDs on superbrightleds.com probably go with those unless I get any better suggestions. Aiming the lights on this was super easy too. They have made a nice difference in driving at night.

My suggestion for LED bulbs would be to use BPS Lighting instead of Superbrightleds. I had issues with SBL and had to return them. Went with BPS and it has been months now with no issues. Several others on the forum have tried them and I believe only 1 person had a problem. Search for my thread and you will find the discussion on it. Pretty happy with BPS as I have ordered for my wife's Acadia and plan to order for my GTO eventually.

Reactions: dburns87
1 - 9 of 9 Posts