Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum, I have a 07 impala LT and it does not have fog lights. Just wondering if anyone has ever installed fog lights just like the ones they have in the LTZ and SS trim on a LT trim. Can this be done or would I have to get a new bumper with fog lights already installed?

·
Banned
351 Posts
You could always put aftermarket fog lights on a car, but the problem is mounting them so that they dont look cheesy. The bumpers on the LT do not have cutouts for fog light installation, but the bumper design is basically the same... You should have two vents on each side of the lower part of the front bumper (this is where the fog lights are mounted on the SS and LTZ). Your best bet is to put them there, but you may have to get crafty in terms of making them look stock. Start by getting the right size lights. If I remember, I will measure the diameter on mine and post up later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fog lights reply

Hey thanks for your help/ideas. I'll probably check at a GM dealer here to see if they sell those fog light housings separately. If they do then ill probably have to cut out the space for it to fit and mount them on.

·
Registered
657 Posts
you can get the factory fog lights from ebay or something, then make your own wiring harness and run it to a switch in the cabin. i dont think the wiring will be in there already. i know its not on the 7th gens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stock ones are more of a visual aspect than functional.
When i turn mine on at night i get about 5 feet of more close range side lighting. Last time driving through fog I ended up turning the headlights and fog lights off as with them off i could see the road markers and with them on it was just a white blur.

Definitely get some aftermarket ones if you need them for function and not just looks.

And the bumpers are the same across ls/lt/ltz/ss. Just the inserts are different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 **OEM** Fog Upgrade!!!! **OEM**

I work at a shop and I've done the oem swap once. there is a harness that starts at thr fuse box under the hood and travels through the front end connecting the rad, condeser, fans, headlamps... fogs. Everything. This harness was installed after removing the old one without fog light connectors. Also a fuse has to be added to the foglight section of the fuse box. The interior switch was also replaced, as the other has no fog option. Now that the fog lights work like it was brought like that, we added a front bumper cover with fog holes and mounted the fogs and bezels. install the front cover and plug'em up and we're done. Total parts and paint costs us about $320. The job cost the customer $1,125... plus tax. DIY.

almost forgot. get ur harness from the junk yard and make sure u offer them ur old fog-less harness as well. if there car is drivable theyll need it and it'll help w/the discount.

:icon_super:
Happy Fixing

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Whoa, good write up details...but whoa...$1125 for fogs?????? plus tax..... I knew it was a PITA and costly, but still, who wants fogs that bad? Ever since I got my DDM 60.00 HIDs, I have rarely if ever used my fogs or my hi-beams. Then again, we don't get a ton of fog here.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
I have an 08 impala LT wanting to put some foglights on mine too. i got the bumper with fog cut outs already. i found this website with the foglights but i dont know if that's all i need to get. any help?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It should be, since they are aftermarket they come with their own wiring and switch. As long as you can mount them securely, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to the junk yard and i didnt see a harness on the impala i took the bumper from with fog lights. I even traced the wires back to the fuse box and they just had a wire running from fuse box to lights (Positive) and a black wire to ground on each side (Negative). I took the switch as well and it went into my car fine. Im thinking i should just find a way to connect them to the fuse box (fog lights) fuse. What do you think?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts