Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Chevy people. I recently bought a 2007 impala v6 lt flex for a very reasonable price. However now I'm facing some issues. I recently changed out the thermostat and flushed the coolant system because it was sticking and the fill pipe was caked with orange muck. Everything was working fine for anout a week until the car seemed to be getting hot. The gauges read normal however. I noticed that the fans are not kicking on. I immediately thought it must be a relay. Without testing I bought three new relays and installed them. The fan still does not turn on. I have not tested the fans yet. I now am thinking it may be the coolant sensor but I am having the damnest time finding its location. Anyone have any pointers for me? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. I ran a wire to the battery and the fans and the fans turned right on. I also changed the temp sensor and flushed the coolant because it had watered down green antifreeze vs dex cool. The fans still don't kick on at an idle. The ac is on full blast but the compressor doesntv engage but I think that's because the air mix door actuator is clicking. So I still have to check the fuses but my question is will the secondary fan still turn on if the ac compressor does not enage?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Is the ecm turning on the fan orsending the the signal to turn on the relay? Get a obd 2 scanner tosee what the ecm is reading on the sensor

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Secondary fan should be running with the AC on, the fact that the compressor is not engaging is a separate issue. Try swapping the fan relays with another relay in the box with the same number, if the fans start working the relay is bad. If not, checking the ECM temp reading with a scanner will tell you if the temp sensor is giving the right signal. If its not, you could have gotten a bad sensor, the sensor pigtail could be bad, or the ECM could have a programming fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts