Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon gents, glad to see the world did not end. I just got a quote from a guy to install an aftermarket double din CD player in my car and he said with onstar the Bose system and steering wheel controls ill be looking at close to 340. That doesn't include the head unit. I was wanting him to install it and run RCA's and a remote. I can do the rest. I just don't want to mess up the steering controls. "Onstar" not so important.bive installed 100s of stereos but do not want to attempt this one since it seems so complicated. I have a 15 JLW0v2 in a ported box and a 1000 watt kenwood amp I'm putting in and the wife wants the new pioneer double din CD player. I guess I'm looking for any opinions or options that can make this cheaper or easier if I do it myself. What would I need if I did I myself. I know the remote wire, RCA's, power wire and ground. What behind the stereo would I need? Where is a good spot to hook a ground to in the trunk. Any info will be helpful and greatly appreciated..thanks guys

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Check Amazon for the stereo interface and the steering wheel control adapter. When I ordered mine the interface used rca cables for the front and read speakers. If this is the case with yours and you only have 2 sets of rca jacks on the back of your head unit you can get a pac or raptor line converter and tap into the rear speakers for the amp. The raptor is only like 20 bucks and you can use vampire clips to tap into the rear speaker wires. It's fairly strait forward. Plus you'll get that feeling of satisfaction when you turn on some tunes. And as far as a good ground a self tapping screw and a little sanding should do the trick.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
P.s. you might wanna upgrade the speakers to get the best sound. The factory bose speakers didn't hold up very well in my 02 impala...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Also I forgot to add I scored my gmos-04 on Amazon for $28 new in box

·
Registered
112 Posts
go to crutchfield.com and you can find a plugin converter for your car to be able to keep everything, all plugins, no splicing required, cost is $100-$200 depending on your choices...also will help with the install. I have an 07 LTZ with the bose and running with the factory deck. I believe the parts on that site will work, you can contact a csr or just put in your car and model ect. and the website will tell you if its compatible. I have been ordering from them since the 1990's, they never did me wrong, and are super helpful for installation info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the Bose speakers won't hold up to an aftermarket CD player is what your telling me?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Mine didn't but I listen to loud metal and mine is a 2002 so they were gettin old

1 - 8 of 8 Posts