Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i burned a hole in my stock gas tank and when i called the dealer for one they said 1070.42.... to be cost affective im gonna run a fuel cell and aftermarket pump and lines has anybody ever done this in an SS or another car i dnt kno wat all im going to need any help or tips are greatly appreciated

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
The biggest PITA is going to be geting the new pump to correspond with the ecm/bcm. maybe modify the fuel cell to accept a stock pump???

·
Registered
285 Posts
Fuel Cell

Oh it's possible. Just not if that location you list is Chico california. You will never get it passed smog most likely. I mean I guess you could if it had the right cap on it and no-one did self inspection on it, which they do now on all newer vehicles rather than the tail pipe emissions test. At least that is my take on it. Good luck. I would look for used one. They are out there. Try EBAY. I think I seen one in Texas for $50 bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-10-11-IMPALA-FUEL-TANK-/130840739451?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2006%7CModel%3AImpala&hash=item1e76b73e7b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-10-11-IMPALA-FUEL-TANK-/130838597658?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2006|Model:Impala&hash=item1e7696901a&vxp=mtr

Jeff

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I concur with the above, but how the hell did you burn a hole in it?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Ever seen the van from Cheech and Chong, Up In Smoke?...

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
wrong tank

Well I will just keep looking then. You didn't think I would give up that easy did you? My real point is they are out there, we just have to look.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Well I will just keep looking then. You didn't think I would give up that easy did you? My real point is they are out there, we just have to look.

Jeff
I know Jeff, and totally agree. I was poking fun at the seller, not you, no such thing as a RWD 8th gen.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts