Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everybody.....

I just wanna tell everybody what I got for Xmas.... A Check Engine light!!!! Woo Hoo, just what I didn't want. LOL

Well I didn't get to get any codes yet to find out the reason for it, I think it might be due to the displacement on demand, because as I noticed today, the car is not going in to 4 cyl mode at all. To some people this truly might be a gift, to me, blah, because my MPG is horrible. I do put 87 in and never have had a problem, but i'm going thru $40 a week in gas, when i was avg $20.

Anywho, just wondering if anybody has had a similar problem like mine, I do have a few weeks left on my ext warranty, so chevy should fix it, but I expect them to come up with some song and dance as to why they can't.....

Thanks for any 2cents.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You should be running premium gas in that thing. I find it runs better with that in it.
The wife had the SS for 2 weeks and put 87 oct gas in and it ran funny. A week or so after putting the 91 oct. back in her it smoothed out. I dont think a check engine light would hurt your MPG, but it could be time for a tune up.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It requires 91 or higher, you will mess it up by running 87, possibly why the light came on. Also, I'm pretty sure DOD deactivates when the check engine light is on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The funny thing is that I have always been using 87 in it, for the past 6 years. Never had a problem with it. I gotta get the codes read and see what it spits out.... Frustrating when that blasted light comes on....

·
Registered
954 Posts
priceless819,

I would have to recommend contacting your dealer for a diagnosis. Keep me and Katie posted on your progress and feel free to contact us if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service (Assisting Katie).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts