Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I just tossed out my third set of HIDs and a bit frustrated.

This may sound like a stupid question, but bear with me: Are the OE Impala headlights even compatible with an HID kit?

I originally bought a set of 35W 10000K HIDs, and installed them into my low beams. The kit lasted about a week, and blew out.

I replaced that kit with another set of 35W 10000K HIDs, and they seemed fine.

I wanted to upgrade to 55W 6000K HIDs, and swapped them with the 35W ones, installing those into my fog lights. Two days later, the 35W ones blew out in my fog lights, starting with the passenger side, then the driver side within a two hour span.

Yesterday, while at work, my 55W HIDs blew out, first with the driver side, and then about four hours later, my passenger side. I literally finished my shift and drove home in the dark without headlights.

Any suggestions? I like the HIDs because I use my Impala for work, driving at night, and the HIDs offered safety and security.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might sound like a stupid question but did you do a full HID install or are you just throwing HID bulbs in?
Full HID install ...

AutoVision 55W Ballasts with 55W 6000K bulbs was the third set up
Xentec 35W Ballasts with 35W 10000K bulbls was the first and second set up

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id get yourself a hid relay kit then.

Its only $15 and am pretty sure thats your problem
Thanks! I'll check it out when I go to order my fourth set of HIDs

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
were do u buy hid relay kit? I put my hids n friday & my drive side went out n about 4hrs & it blew the fuse for the driver side?
eBay, amazon, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts