Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 with stock cd player and front speakers dont work. Took door panels off and speakers have wires running to them. I change the balance all the way to rear and no sound turn it all the way to front and only the rear speakers work? WTF? A little history on the car is it use to be a cop car... Anyone please help!

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Pull the unit from the dash and see if the wiring has been cut and spliced. If you turn the unit all the way to the front and only the rear speakers work something in the wiring is crossed. Or the CD/Radio unit is fired. But check the wiring behind the unit first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wires in the back of the unit are ok, none of them are cut or anything....
Like i said it kinda confused me when i turn it to front and the rears work....
Its a old cop car so do they cut the front speakers out to hook up to something else or something??? Anyone have a extra stock cd player for sale?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
For courisoity sake of wither the wireing was cut somewhere else is to pull one of the front door speakers and the CD/Radio unit. See what the wiring color is at the door speaker and find the same color wire at the harness for the radio and using a continuity checker see if the wire is connected between the two connections (door and radio). If so then replace the radio unit for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive checked the wires.... I took the driver door panel off and the speaker has wires running from it through the door jam and then looks like up to the tweeter and then back to a wiring harness right behind the headlight switch. Then from there to the back of the radio...

Anyone have a stock cd player they want to get rid of cheap?
Just bought the Impala and insurance so im alil low on cash...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my impala..i think it has something to do with the door chime/door jamb switch, that i cant find.. or my unit is fried idk.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have the same problem. For some reason the speakers cut on every once in a while. I am pretty upset because i removed the door panel and i just stared at the speaker and say "F**K it" and put them back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts