Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone has tried this or knows if it is possible.
My 06 SS does not have an auto temperature setting on the A/C. They make a control for the Cadillac which appears to be the same size and actually has the same dials that run the fan and the designated output selection.
The difference with the caddy is that you set the temp to say 75 and the fan auto adjusts. I would think this would just have to have a couple of sensors to detect temp.
Anyone ever messed with it? I know this is stupid, but I hate having to constantly tweak temp and fan while driving. (my 01 Oldsmobile had it and I miss that feature) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
657 Posts
i dont know of anyone thats done it, but it sounds like it may be something that would have to be programmed to the BCM, which is a no-go without buying a completely new one since the BCM cannot be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
you sure they didn't have it as an option for the impala's? Buick has a similar set up, but you have an ambient temp sensor, interior temp sensor, all kinds of crap involved, the PCM and the BCM are both linked for A/C. Since the PCM tells the A/C to turn on. Ur talkin a good amount of work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts