Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 05 cop car, I've got a few electrical bugs I'd like to work out that I think are all from the removed police stuff. The horn and interior lights don't work, the lights work if I turn the knob to turn them on but not from opening the door. The horn also doesn't work, the horns themselves are fine just don't work from wheel. Is there a place to look up what all the wires that were cut under passenger floor went to ?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The factory service manual maybe.

Follow the mess up under the dash and see how badly the cop shop screwed up the existing harness.
I guarantee several of those wires are live power and grounds for various cop equipment.

The last 9C1 I dealt with was a 1996 EX NY State Police vehicle. The cop equipment wiring was in a pile under the vinyl on the passenger floorboards. Whomever installed it made a bloody huge mess of the vehicle wiring. I kid you not the wiring bundle was around 2" in diameter. I ripped the dash and forward control harness out and installed a not cop motor pooled harness and dash out of another wrecked 1996 B-Body.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. I did see where it was cut. I have a 03 parts car but I really don't want to be switching harness around

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got the horn working, it was in the mess of a harness that was cut, still not interior lights from opening door and no locks from switch or trunk release

1 - 5 of 5 Posts