Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband recently left to fight this great war and my car is acting up. I put coolant in the dex cool container on friday afternoon and here it is sunday and all the damn coolant has leaked out. what is the problem and is it major? this is my only means of transportation to work and for my kids to get back and forth to school everyday. please give me an idea of what to tell the mechanic. i want to have some type of clue so i wouldn't get take advantage of.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
did it leak out while sitting or did you drive it? if it leaked just sitting then probably the coolant bottle or a hose is bad. if you drove it then it could be hose, waterpump,etc...

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did you put coolant in? Are you sure it was low? If it wasn't low, then it might have been forced out because you put too much coolant in the system. Did you see where it leaked out. Are you sure it leaked out? Need more details.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The coolant resevoir may be cracked. It's made of hard plastic and this winter has been especially hard on those parts. The hose from the resevoir may have come loose. These are just suggestions to consider.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The coolant resevoir may be cracked. It's made of hard plastic and this winter has been especially hard on those parts. The hose from the resevoir may have come loose. These are just suggestions to consider.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts