Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 impala, i just took it in today and had a new fuel pump regulator put in because i was getting horrible gas millage, hopefully that was the problem, anyways, now theres a new problem. My engine shakes while in park or at a stop, and the lights also dim a little while its shaking. it doesnt do it all the time and sometimes its worse than others. Sometimes itl make the whole car shake. Any suggestions? Also i dont have an rpm gauge in my car but when its in park and i rev the engine it only goes so high n will start going up n down. Is there a limiter on it?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Yea there is a limiter while in park and neutral... Its approx 4k.

Sounds like your car is idling low, missing on a cylinder or the fuel regulator they installed wasn't done correctly. Having your rpm's low or the vehicle almost stalling will cause dimming lights as your alternator wouldn't be outputting proper voltage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
667 Posts
I have a 05 impala, i just took it in today and had a new fuel pump regulator put in because i was getting horrible gas millage, hopefully that was the problem, anyways, now theres a new problem. My engine shakes while in park or at a stop, and the lights also dim a little while its shaking. it doesnt do it all the time and sometimes its worse than others. Sometimes itl make the whole car shake. Any suggestions? Also i dont have an rpm gauge in my car but when its in park and i rev the engine it only goes so high n will start going up n down. Is there a limiter on it?
take a look at the motor mounts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Motor mounts will cause a bang or shake when it transmits torque, which doesn't really happen at a stop. It also won't affect alternator output.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
sure the shaking will destroy them over time
Not at all correct

I drove for months with a broken passenger engine mount with no noticeable destruction. Trust me when I say I drive hard as well. Sure, maybe I weakend the lower mounts but, messing up an alt? :giggle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts