Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 impala when i put it in park it rolls back or forward. my pops said it was alright and he was a staff sgt in the army in auto mech. had his own motor pool. i just want a second review.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Like it will keep going? Or it just moves a few inches? A few inches is normal, if it will keep going, your parking pall is busted, you do not want to leave it like that...

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you park on a non-flat surface its normal for it to move < ~3 inches. I just pull the ebrake before putting it in park....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
All automatic transmission vehicles will move a little in park, its totally normal.

·
Banned
667 Posts
i have a 2005 impala when i put it in park it rolls back or forward. my pops said it was alright and he was a staff sgt in the army in auto mech. had his own motor pool. i just want a second review.
My rolls a few inches E-brake does nothing to prevent this movement.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Then your e-brake isn't working.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My rolls a few inches E-brake does nothing to prevent this movement.
you gotta set the ebrake before you lift your foot off the brake pedal... before you put the car in park...

Chevy_Man is this happening on flat surfaces???? Or only when on a slope? This is def normal when on a slope.

·
Banned
667 Posts
you gotta set the ebrake before you lift your foot off the brake pedal... before you put the car in park...

Chevy_Man is this happening on flat surfaces???? Or only when on a slope? This is def normal when on a slope.
I do set it

took approximate 10 feet to do something or engage.

TURN DOWN SOUND!!!! LOUD BEEPING!!

Attachments

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Punker4real brah

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Btw this isn't even your thread you hijacked it first and you have since started your own thread about it so...:gtfo:

And the op hasn't come back yet and most likely his problem is the car rolling till it hits the stopping point. Problem solved, until he responds back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts