Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Looking for some suggestions here as to which direction to go in. I've been fighting this issue for a while now and its getting pretty frustrating. When putting the car from Park to Reverse or Park to Drive i'm hearing a popping noise from the driver side suspension area. This noise will also happen when I got to accelerate from a dead stop. I've replaced the CV joints and the sway bar links are new as well. I've read several forums about how the intermediate steering shaft has a defect and should be either replaced or greased but pretty much all the articles state that they hear the noise when turning. This is NOT the case. I never hear the noise while turning. Finally broke down and took it to the dealer. They said the mounts needed to be replaced. Had them replaced even though I did them not very long ago thinking I purchased a sub par product. As soon as I got in the car at the dealer and shifted to reverse it popped. Went and spoke with the mechanic who took another look. He mentioned that my wheel bearings were wearing and should be replaced. He said that he tightened the hub nut and saw a difference with the popping. I did not see a difference. I've since ordered those but am skeptical about his diagnosis since he said the mounts were the issue to begin with. I'm mostly concerned this is going to turn into a transmission issue but just want to be sure. And also make sure this is not a safety concern. Anyone have any knowledge on a similar issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts