Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, so be nice :smile:

I have a 2005 Impala LS, with onstar, and i am looking to put a aftermarket head unit in, i understand that i need to buy a "module" to keep door chime and what not.

I havent installed a stereo before, so i am a little unsure of some things, hope fully you guys can help me out!

Once I remove the stock head unit, then what? Do i plug the "module" in to the factory harness that was in the back of the stock stereo, and connect the wires from the aftermarket unit to the module?? Also, do i need to run a accessory wire if i get the module?

If someone has a step by step that would be fantastic!

I look forward to hearing your input, and thankyou very much!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
once you get everything apart and start the install, the harness will look much simpler. you connect the module harness between the factory harness and the aftermarket radio. also, it should have the acc wire built into the chime module.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you wanna keep the onstar and door chime, I used the Metra GMOS-4 harness. It also has the ACC wire built into the harness. There are instructions in the kit that tell you step by step which wires to connect to which. and its pretty much plug and play once the wires are connected together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. Apparently if i wanted to use onstar, i would have to get it "updated" from an analogue signal to a digital, and i wasnt planning on using it. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts