Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 05 Chevy 3.4liter and I've been having some trouble with the starting and also a shakiness while driving. I have to try to crank my car about 3 or 4 times before it starts. It turns over but doesn't crank. I can't let it get below a quarter of a tank because it will cut off as if I don't have gas. The check engine light is on and it is the 00071 or the code for vacuum leak, fuel filter, which has been replaced. And others but this problem is driving me crazy! Please help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having almost the same problem with mine 05 right now except mine said to change out my 02 sensor which ive done..y car is still acting the same and my check engine light is still on.. Did you fix the problem with yours and what..where .. Were your leaks at?? #veryconfusedfemale.

·
Registered
651 Posts
for the vacuum leak check the pcv should rattle, squirt some sensor safe TB cleaner in, check the boot that goes on top and the grommet it plugs into on the valve cover, the tube from the boot that goes to the right behind the TB and to I think the evap, check the grommet for the back crankcase valve cover to the intake duct. the vacuum line from the manifold to the map and on to the fuel regulator, the vacuum line from the manifold [ unscrew the adapter in the manifold make sure its not cracked] to the brake booster, also the bolts for the valve covers have seals I would only replace those if you have the valve covers off would not concern too much on those. I would also check your fuel pressure or have it checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts