Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,LOL If you are familiar with my post you alredy know...anyways i have been experementing with different mods and screwed up my trans.so i brought it back to stock to figure it out.it seems to go when it gos but never seems to catch 3rd gear then it seems to go into neutral or not go,LOLthis all takes in about a city block. idoknow if its coincedence but it seems to go into neutral if i tap the break<dumb thought i use cruise control alot i wonder if somethings stuck there...trac.ABS. cruise.is cruise, intertwined?anyways i have been reading around for info on this forum and everyone seems to suggest a shop or T.E.P. and i am sure there great but if i can do this myself i will.i am trying to find out if i can change the selinoids without dropping the trans i already know i have to drop the craddle and trans about 8 inches and i got an exploded veiw from the dealer when i bought a new accumalator cover(dont ask),but can i get to the Presure and shift selonoids this way,and i know i am asking alot but does anybody know where i can find performance trans parts that can handle more presure so i dont find my self in this situation again.i dont know if this is enough info,but ill tell you what ever you need to know if you need more thanx!:dunno:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i know and ya know i didnt not believe you,i am fine with it and thus far i am learning a great deal.My car has 150k on it it was gonna happen.i love this car and this and similar drivetrains in general as well.i may keep this car forever i am checking out the trans link to TEP aswell as info on this where ever i can find it.have you heard of the65 t-raptor.they want 2534.00 for a built trans and except for the price it looks and sounds great? I realy think somethings is sticking in the accumalator or the PCS is over heating.I think i may look for a 200.00 car to get threw winter so i can pull the trans and do the body work.are there any sites dedicated to selling winter beaters for a couple hundred bucks?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found a buick Lesaber for 350.00 i dont know what year or the condition of it but who cares.im pretty sure they all came with 3800's so ill drive that till i get the new trans and like i said i got alot of body work to do and the car being down will give me that time.i am still hopeing to have the money to buy the 65 t-raptor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Cant go wrong with Dave over at TEP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts