41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
yeah, that'll look nice. It's next on my list of things to address, after tires

·
Registered
256 Posts
ZZP posted this picture to their Facebook a couple months ago: View attachment 134930
That's kinda what I'm after. Well over 2" if not 3".

Ooh I like that. I'm slamming mine as low as possible while still being able to make it up the slight incline for work. I might need to do something to the plastic inner fender well. I have 245x19's on my car which are close to rubbing now. If I get it all done in time I might go to the W-body meet in Michigan. It's around a hour away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Man, I'd like to lower my car at least a little bit, but the roads around my place (mostly when your coming from parking lots, and going to anything that's not a parking lot) make me wish I had a lift kit, I'd be good with another 2.5" - 3" lol.

Even our main intersection has a "drop" that's just a little bit unreasonable. Learned that the hard way when something metal hit the concrete leaving the parking lot of Sobeys one day in my old Buick. Also not to forget...

Maybe.

If I'm remembering correctly, There are a few scrapes in the paint on the lowest part of my bumper, I believe on the right hand side. Previous owner might not have driven the car over 40 KPH but they did something to that spot! perhaps... I'll have to verify that tonight 'cuz I might just be making something up in my head... (I'm not crazy! perhaps just a little bit over protective of the car that's all!!!)

maybe throw in a skid plate... Sheesh I hate some of these roads.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Can't wait to see these installed! Gonna look awesome!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just went out and measured and I'll be able to drop it a full 3" all the way around, while still allowing me to get my jack underneath without driving up on something. That should also give me the look I want while lowering that center of gravity that is way too high right now.
I'll post pictures before I install them, but I put Monroe quickstruts in the rear 55,000 miles ago and the rear is now 2" lower than the front Lol :) 28.5 in the front and 26.5 in the back. It actually gives me the stance I want, I just want it lower

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm personally more concerned about slight inclines/speed bumps then getting a jack under the car lol. It's cool how we are doing the same thing but on different generations of impala.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm personally more concerned about slight inclines/speed bumps then getting a jack under the car lol. It's cool how we are doing the same thing but on different generations of impala.

Yeah slight inclines are certainly a concern for me, however the biggest bump on my way to work is at the end of the driveway. OTOH, I jack up my car almost once a week. So yeah it'll be trial and error to figure it all out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah slight inclines are certainly a concern for me, however the biggest bump on my way to work is at the end of the driveway. OTOH, I jack up my car almost once a week. So yeah it'll be trial and error to figure it all out.

Haha #StanceNation on impalaforums. Can't wait to see how your car looks afterwards.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
256 Posts
Received the coils. I want to install them but I don't have the rear top plates yet. Did you have a tracking number for yours? I had tracking + signature confirmation for the coils but I have no information on the plates.. kinda annoying.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have my plates, they came two days after I ordered the coilovers from ZZP and they are top plates from ZZP.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmm ok. Just curious because I paid for the damn things lol. Are they the same as the stock strut tops or are they different?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hmm ok. Just curious because I paid for the damn things lol. Are they the same as the stock strut tops or are they different?

Yes they are same as stock. I wanted new ones that's why I got them. Keep in mind the spring has to be compressed to get the tops on and there is a ton of force behind it. I'll be taking mine to the shop to get them done because I don't want to mess with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes they are same as stock. I wanted new ones that's why I got them. Keep in mind the spring has to be compressed to get the tops on and there is a ton of force behind it. I'll be taking mine to the shop to get them done because I don't want to mess with it.

Ok, I might just reuse the stock ones if the new ones don't get here soon lol. I'm impatient haha. I used a spring compressor to change springs on struts before so no worries. The coilovers themselves look great. I wanted to tackle it today but are asphalt driveway is getting resurfaced tomorrow. So hopefully Saturday morning *Crosses fingers*

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Be patient and wait for the new tops. I know it sucks waiting (I'm impatient too!), but you'll be better off in the long run.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Be patient and wait for the new tops. I know it sucks waiting (I'm impatient too!), but you'll be better off in the long run.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

^What he said. You're there already and your old plates have 150,000 on them.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Coilovers should be here Monday. The guy at ZZP that orders them was on vaca (conveniently I might add) so he ordered them today. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but they should have someone else that orders them not just one guy.
I plan on installing the top plates and installing the coilovers Wednesday of next week, busy Tuesday night.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Coilovers should be here Monday. The guy at ZZP that orders them was on vaca (conveniently I might add) so he ordered them today. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but they should have someone else that orders them not just one guy.
I plan on installing the top plates and installing the coilovers Wednesday of next week, busy Tuesday night.
You know, its funny. When I ordered my Turbo kit, after a couple weeks, I inquired about its status, and was told that the engineer who builds the kit was on vacation. Thats not to say he wasnt, but given your experience, it makes me awfully suspicious

·
Registered
256 Posts
You know, its funny. When I ordered my Turbo kit, after a couple weeks, I inquired about its status, and was told that the engineer who builds the kit was on vacation. Thats not to say he wasnt, but given your experience, it makes me awfully suspicious

Wow what a coincidence lol. Not to hijack this thread. But is your transmission stock? I know of a few LS4 guys running a turbo/nitrous on a stock transmission but it seems sketchy.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
@09_Impala_SS Yeah, stock trans. I figure the time to upgrade is when the stock one ain't no good anymore. I got a back up vehicle, so im not really concerned with that

41 - 60 of 136 Posts