Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
My steering wheel looked like pot as the pictures show. Let's fix it and replace the turn stalk as well :)

Got it pulled.

Duplicolor paint from amazon. GM Lt Neutral
Old leather New leather
All finished!
Gotta love that clear coat!!

Big thanks to ChrisFix and his vid on this. I used his tips and the products he recommended:

I had to cut and trim the leather which worked pretty good. First time doing this so it's not 100% but looks pretty darn good IMHO. I am really digging the clear coat on the wheel sides, airbag, and plastic covers. Really takes the quality up a notch.
Drove it today and it's so nice. Feels like a better car. I'm going to really like this fix!
Hoo! Thats Awesome!!! So much better. The wheel looks almost original! Great job.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Wash, polish, and wax today. IMG_4839.JPG
I love cleaning my car, but the more I clean it the more it needs to be painted Lol :) Check this out: IMG_4837.JPG
Too many scratches and scrapes to fix without repainting, but it still shines good :)
Also fixed my front door handles. Whoever the dingbat was that put them in didn't make sure the bottom was snapped in before tightening the bolts, leading to this: IMG_4843.JPG I took the handles off and straightened everything out and they line up perfect now. Getting the driver handle out was fun due to the keyed lock getting in the way, but I figured it out.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
That hood might could be saved with a good buffing.

If you don't have a good buffer, I recommend this one:
Buffer

Significantly cheaper than repainting the hood, although by the time you buy the pads and compound, you'll be about the cost of a repaint. HOWEVER, you will now have a professional quality buffer and all of the materials needed to buff out anything you want for a LONG time.3M buffing system

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That hood might could be saved with a good buffing.

If you don't have a good buffer, I recommend this one:
Buffer

Significantly cheaper than repainting the hood, although by the time you buy the pads and compound, you'll be about the cost of a repaint. HOWEVER, you will now have a professional quality buffer and all of the materials needed to buff out anything you want for a LONG time.3M buffing system

Thanks for the info Ryd, I'll check that out for sure.
It's too hard to see in the pictures, but there's a ton of stone chips that are down to bare metal, and what looks like a nice big spot of bird doo doo corrosion that is starting to rust. I don't know how long I have before it's past saving, but I am willing to put a new hood on when it comes time.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Yeah, chips and the like can't be saved with buffing unfortunately. But a buffer is still a great tool to have around!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So funny story here. @09_Impala_SS just bought BCRacing coilovers yesterday, and yesterday I had finally saved up enough to buy them. So here it is:

My shocks are doing pretty poor right now, so while I'm at it I might as well replace them with the best. I can't wait!! Will keep everyone updated, I plan to install them as soon as they come then get an alignment shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So funny story here. @09_Impala_SS just bought BCRacing coilovers yesterday, and yesterday I had finally saved up enough to buy them. So here it is:

My shocks are doing pretty poor right now, so while I'm at it I might as well replace them with the best. I can't wait!! Will keep everyone updated, I plan to install them as soon as they come then get an alignment shortly thereafter.

Lol that is funny. I see you bought them from ZZP. I purchased them directly from BCRacing. Not to be the barer of bad news. But I paid $1,020.00 at the BC site using a $30 off coupon. BC30OFF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Lol that is funny. I see you bought them from ZZP. I purchased them directly from BCRacing. Not to be the barer of bad news. But I paid $1,020.00 at the BC site using a $30 off coupon. BC30OFF

I had noticed that but I wanted the new top plates for the rears so I ordered it with those too. That added $65 to the normal price.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had noticed that but I wanted the new top plates for the rears so I ordered it with those too. That added $65 to the normal price.

Lol so did I. BC Racing sells them for $995 or $1,050.00 with the plates for the rear. Which brought it to $1,020.00 with the coupon. ZZP charged you more then the manufacturer. Which is understandable because they want to cover the overhead of employees etc.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lol so did I. BC Racing sells them for $995 or $1,050.00 with the plates for the rear. Which brought it to $1,020.00 with the coupon. ZZP charged you more then the manufacturer. Which is understandable because they want to cover the overhead of employees etc.

Understood, thanks for the info bro :)
Did you buy the 04-08 Grand Prix coilovers on the BCRacing site cause that's all I see? I know they should bolt right up but...just wondering.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Understood, thanks for the info bro :)
Did you buy the 04-08 Grand Prix coilovers on the BCRacing site cause that's all I see? I know they should bolt right up but...just wondering.

Yeah no problem. Figured I'd let you know incase you wanted to cancel the order and get them directly from BC themselves. I already had these in my cart from a month or so ago. I can't seem to find it now however...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah no problem. Figured I'd let you know incase you wanted to cancel the order and get them directly from BC themselves. I already had these in my cart from a month or so ago. I can't seem to find it now however...

Yeah I couldn't find them either. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cool, the $30 off coupon is BC30OFF if you want to order directly from them and save a bit of money.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Cool, the $30 off coupon is BC30OFF if you want to order directly from them and save a bit of money.

Ok. ZZP already processed and shipped my order so...probably not gonna happen. Oh well worse things could happen.
Do you have a wait time on yours? 2-4 weeks I think? They said they were stocked in the US which will make them come faster...hopefully :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok. ZZP already processed and shipped my order so...probably not gonna happen. Oh well worse things could happen.
Do you have a wait time on yours? 2-4 weeks I think? They said they were stocked in the US which will make them come faster...hopefully :)

I'm not sure I haven't checked.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Top plates for the rear came today. Now the hard part is waiting for the rest of the goods

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Dope! How much are you gunna lower it?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
ZZP posted this picture to their Facebook a couple months ago: IMG_4772.JPG
That's kinda what I'm after. Well over 2" if not 3".

21 - 40 of 136 Posts