Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a the new proud owner of my first SS and I love the hell out of it. I have plenty of things I would like to do to it but I'm not sure I should. Would making any modifications to the body or engine detract from any possible collectible allure in the long run? I put alot of miles on my cars. I plan to have it a while and possibly being it's last owner in my lifetime if that helps with any feedback. This is my first major purchase and I don't want to mess it up.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Id stay away from the body mods, there arent alot out there that look good lon these cars, if you want to set it off a bit, you could always grab a MPD hood ($800), as for engine mods, you could run a 3.4 pulley, powerlog, 180* t-stat, and Overkill tune, and it would wake her up nicely, all of which are fairly easy to "demod" if you ever feel the need to do so (total would be around $600 for those).
After that, you could look into a genV (~$500-800) icluding the LIM, adapter and new T.B.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is there any good in putting on a TB spacer? Still workin on savin some cash up to do some mods. Got enough for the MPS but wanna do it right the first time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Id stay away from the body mods, there arent alot out there that look good lon these cars, if you want to set it off a bit, you could always grab a MPD hood ($800), as for engine mods, you could run a 3.4 pulley, powerlog, 180* t-stat, and Overkill tune, and it would wake her up nicely, all of which are fairly easy to "demod" if you ever feel the need to do so (total would be around $600 for those).
After that, you could look into a genV (~$500-800) icluding the LIM, adapter and new T.B.

Where can you get all those mods, (except the t-stat)?

·
Registered
657 Posts
ZZP, W-Body store, and i know there are more out there, im just not much of a performance-oriented feller. :biggrin: maybe check with milzy and intense, too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea pretty much all those are good places. I'm probably gonna lean towards Intense when I get some of my stuff.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Detroit,when you mention the '3.4 pulley',are you refering to the crank pulley? That is something i would deffenetly like to do.

Were would you nitice the most difference? Bottom,mid,or top end pull? or all of the above?

Could you use your existing belt,or would you need a shorter belt?

Also how could i delete my entire A/C system? Is their an A/C delete pulley like you can get for the LT1 cars? My A/C works great but i'd rather ditch it...

Just trying to get the most out of my car without having to spend mad money.

To the OP,sure why not,mod that bad boy up! You could always un-mod it if need be.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Thanks man but that price is mad retarded lol.

Think i payed like $14 for the A/C delete pulley from Napa for my ol Caprices.

If i can come up with anything i will let you guys know asap.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
danny, youll motice the most diff in the mid-top (powerband) range.
Top swaps are going cheap now a days, you can usually get everything you need for about 800 (gen III inc gaskets). If you're staying N/A go GT1 cam (or 1.9 rockers), HVIII, A/C delete, tune and you'll really wake her up...

·
Banned
117 Posts
I really don't see a top swap in my future,although that would be totaly kick ass :cool:

I will look into the other mods you have mentioned for sure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
QUOTE=05ss45;268180]it would be nice for a meth/alky set up :) !![/QUOTE]

Yea don't see that happening right now still tryin to get the money for a plog and pulley

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the feedback. It took a while but the paperwork is finally done. There was an issue with the financing on their end for two weeks so I got fed up and went to my bank to get the loan. Felt weird driving around in it with dealer plates for two weeks, but eh, at least it worked out in the end.

Has anyone used bodykits.com? Of all the sites I found I like the feel of this one the most but I don't know about prices or quality.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
LOL, go ahead and mod it up, you'll be done with it along time bfore it's worth anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts