Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here is low down. I just picked up a pioneer 2 din head unit a GMOS-04 and Pioneer TS-G1644R 6-1/2" 2-Way Speakers. I was able to get the head unit in no problem but I seem to be having trouble with the front speakers. I opens up the door yesterday to find 2 speakers the mid and tweeter. It was attached with 4 wires coming in to a plug (4 pin) than 2 going to each. Which means a x-over some where! I just hooked up my speakers with the mids which won't be giving me the full power and they sound VERY week. Did I miss somthing? Is it because these are 4 ohm and the factory where 2 ohms? Also how do I wire these with the crossover? Could I find it and remove it? Or do I have to rewire everything? Sad that I installed this new stuff and sounds worse!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
The gain on the gmos probably needs adjusted, its a blue plastic screw on the outside. Of the black box. I'm not sure if there is a cross over or not. I lost all bass from my door and deck speakers when I put in an aftermarket head unit. I am unsure of a factory cross over. If you want the best sound, get a 4 channel amp to power the speakers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill give that screw a try i just looked up the manual online and it has it there. That's a bit stupied a audio level adjusted for the chimes and the audio lol... I learn something new everyday. Just wondering if you bypassed the factory amp all together or just install all new wire? and if you used RCA cables to your sub how did you retain your chimes or you dont really care?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I haven't bypassed yet. When I do if I loose chimes I wouldn't care they are a pita anyways. I'm running a line out converter for my sub amp. You could easily run 2 sets of rcas to a 4 channel from the deck, then new speaker wire to the speakers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts