Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 2 years ago I parked my 04 impala ss. It has not started since. Over the last two years I have try testing the fuses and the starter( removed and brought to the rebuilders). I have replaced the ignition switch aswell as the cylinder w/ passlock chip,and I have tried reprogramming the key several times before and after the replacement. Also I have installed a new battery . I have power inside the car and every things seems to work. But I get nothing when I try to start it. At this point I'm wondering if it could be the saftey neutral switch, but but dont really want to go threw that much work on a whim. I'm hoping someone here has some ideas or at least knows how to diagnose the saftey neutral switch,and I mean with a test lite or fluke meter and or with an over the counter type scan tool. I'm not at a dealership and I dont have a snap on scanner. Just a advance auto hand held which does have a data stream and I believe it my be capable of reading pids . Anyway I'd really like to drive this car so any help would be appreciated . Also I have done a few mods so I have the stock computer which I have already switched out to rule out the computer. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts