Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here done a single bank turbo setup on an L36??
I got an 04 LS that I'd like to slap a small turbo on and make about 250-300 whp. Since im a nhewb on here I think its important I mention I'm not new to the FI game. My other 2 vehicles are a 02 Lightning w/ built motor & eaton gt500 H122 and 2013 escape 2.0 ecoboost. I do a lot of eaton blower porting for Ford guys and I recently traded one of my loaner ports for a set of ev1 42# injectors, greddy bov, SRT4 FMIC / T25 baby dhick turbo / guages etc. My impala is my DD and I just wanna slap a single bank low boost single turbo on it to give it some more grunt. I have done a little research on my own of which I learned that an L36 TB flows around 367 cfm in stock n/a trim at sea level. I plan on swapping to an L26 UIM and running a cable throttle. I also know that the neon T25 turbo I have on hand is too small being as its max flow rate is around 430 cfm @ 20#s. I figure I'll sell/ trade this T25 turbo for a GT35R or a holset hx35/40. I looked into an L67 top swap but the cheapest I could find was around $600 for all the parts. Since I already have all the odds and ends I'd need for turbo plus I own a mig welder I figure I can do a low psi single bank turbo for about $100 out of pocket. I also have a snow kit that I traded some other ford junk for that im gonna use with the turbo L36 to combat knock etc.

Any insight you guys have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did some research and I'm building my manifolds now. It spun a conn rod bearing so its getting a built btm end too.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
Yeah I did some research and I'm building my manifolds now. It spun a conn rod bearing so its getting a built btm end too.
[/URL][/IMG]

More of these PICHERZ, OK? :hope:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be making an air to freon phase change intercooler ice box for this build that'll look somewhat like this and run in parallel to the factory hvac system... Thinking about using a hobbs switch to activate it whenever boost kicks in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually bought this intercooler tank for my lightning but figured out a way to make another one that would cool an air charge for turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can see in this image where the hvac lines hook up to feed to and return from the evap core. I got a buddy thats a Mech Engineer and owns an HVAC buisnes and he helped me with sizing the evap core large enough to get a 40-50* charge temp drop from this system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts