Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 impala ls 50k miles on it. It has sat for 2 yrs I'm having a few problems and wanted to see if you guys can help me out on getting the right repair parts. The first one is whenever I take off from a stop it says traction activated with a weird vibration sound. I looked it up And it probably needs new wheel hub assembly. Next the headlights are stuck on brights no matter what I do the brights always stay on. I'm guessing it's the multifunction switch but not 100% and last I can't get washer fluid to wash my windows I followed all the lines they look good so I'm guessing the washer pump that's at bottom of fluid tank. What can I do to tune this car up from sitting so long besides plugs and wires

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
May 1st try unplugging all 4 wheel speed sensors at their respective hubs and spray both ends of the plugs with elec. contact cleaner then smear each end with dielectric grease and reconnect. Your headlight issue sounds like a faulty mfs. You can get an ACI windshield washer pump at Rockauto.com for ~$11. ACDelco Gold/Pro for ~$15. I removed 2-3 pushpins from the black plastic inner wheel liner to expose/access. As far as preventive maintenance, may check/change all fluids/filters and check tires/brakes.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
^+1. If you're going to replace the multi-function switch (mfs), may do it 1st before replacing the windshield washer pump to see if you get your low beams and washer spray back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May 1st try unplugging all 4 wheel speed sensors at their respective hubs and spray both ends of the plugs with elec. contact cleaner then smear each end with dielectric grease and reconnect. Your headlight issue sounds like a faulty mfs. You can get an ACI windshield washer pump at Rockauto.com for ~$11. ACDelco Gold/Pro for ~$15. I removed 2-3 pushpins from the black plastic inner wheel liner to expose/access. As far as preventive maintenance, may check/change all fluids/filters and check tires/brakes.
I unplugged all the wheel speed sensors and plugged back in and that fixed that problem. I bought a new multi function switch and it fixed the headlight problem but not the wiper fluid reaching windshield so I bought a new pump and it works now. As of right now everything works great on the car and only 50k miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts