Impala Forums banner

04 Impala has no sound from the stereo

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lingenfelter 
#1 ·
Hi everybody !
Our 04 Impala's stereo turns on and off, scans the stations alright but no sound comes out. It is not locked. Took it to the dealer, initialy they said they had to program it but at the end of the day they could not figure it out either. Anybody has any suggestions?
Thanks

#3 ·
im new to this forum, i was about to make a thread about this but i saw this one.........hope its alright..

im having the same problem on my 2000 impala...my stereo scans and get the am stations but on fm i turn the vol all the way up an u can barley hear it....can anyone help me out?

#5 ·
none what so ever....i can hear AM stations perfectly but no FM...the only way i hear FM is if i turn the vol all the way up, you can barely hear it thou..

i want to know if this can be fixed or am i going to have to install a an after market cd player, the reason why i haven't installed one is bcus i heard that you will loose the "message center" and options for it....for example oil message, tire pressure and all that other stuff

#6 · (Edited)
As far as radio reception goes, there is only one suggestion I have to improve it if you're having issues: make sure the small clip at the edge of the rear windshield is firmly connected. The grid on the back windshield is your defroster/radio wiring, and it needs to be firmly connected for you to get decent radio reception.

SonofAnarchy: You don't really lose all those factory features when you get an aftermarket headunit, but You lose the ability to reset or adjust some of those things through the radio (which is the easiest way)

You can reset the oil change light and tire pressure system with the brake pedal and light knob (left side of steering wheel), but I'm not sure about the rest, like changing the light flashing and horn honking when you use your key fobs, and you'll lose the dinging noise when you leave your keys in the ignition.

You still have the option of installing an aftermarket headunit and leaving the factory headunit connected, in the trunk, for these conveniences. I know people have done that with the 00-05 impalas, but I don't know how much trouble they went through to do that.

I'm not a car audio or security expert, so I don't have much more information for you... can't sort you out with the volume problems you're having.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.