Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
my Father in laws 2004 impala has a problem; Just about an hour after they were working fine, the windows on the car suddenly stopped working. There is a buzzing (from the switch panel) when he tries to operate the drivers window, and nothing from any of the others. He got the chance to switch it out with another switch unit (working perfectly) from an impala,the same year, but the same thing happened. His unit worked fine in the other car. None of the switches on the other doors work either, BTW. I had read about the ground wire sometimes giving trouble, but there is no ground in the door itself, (as had been mentioned in other posts) all the wires enter / exit through the door and into the unit via a block connector. They are all still wrapped in the original tape and since he can't get either a color coded schematic, or a keyed schematic, he is at a loss as to where to turn next, and doesn't want to start stripping the tape / cover off the whole harness when he has no idea what he is looking for.
I have read that the windows do seem to give trouble on occasion, but after looking for solutions, all he can come up with is the ground wire in the door, but this doesn't jive with his wiring.
Can anyone help? It would be great if the above rang a bell with someone who had the same problem and solved it, but failing that, any pointers or color schematic would be a great help as he is totally stumped!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If the drivers window won't work the rest are also disabled. At least in my experience.

I would open the door up and see what's buzzing. Make sure the actuator is receiving power when pressing the power window button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts