Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have an 03 impala I picked up with the 3.4. It’s a no crank. Does anyone had the yes no flow chart from gm. I did the key relearn, etc. still no crank relay request in tech 2
Thank you
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No codes actually. I have communication on the serial line with all modules. I’m not getting the pcm to ground the relay. I don’t have a yes no chart. That would help a lot

·
Registered
2002 Impala 3.4L V6 LT FWD 242k miles
209 Posts
Why are you doing "key re-learn"? Did you replace the ignition cylinder? Is the "SECURITY" message appearing in the Cluster? My 2002 had this infamous problem where it intermittently wouldn't start (for my wife). There was some resistor "fix" for this, but I didn't "buy" it ... so I did nothing, and since 2011 (when I bought my new Equinox, the wife started driving that, and I started driving the Impala regularly), I haven't seen the "no-start" due to "SECURITY" message problem even once! :unsure:

If none of the above applies ... I know the Crank Position Sensor can also stop a startup dead in it tracks ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I put in a new kay and passlock with ignition switch. Did the yes no chart from gm. Checked their wiring. And made the bcm ecm do the handshake with sps. But what happens is it won’t do the key relearn. Bcm won’t recognize it Bcm is from a junkyard And prob junk. Gonna order a new from Gm and program it. It will post how it works out

·
Registered
Black 2012 Impala LS, Gold 2000 Impala
86 Posts
... But what happens is it won’t do the key relearn. Bcm won’t recognize it Bcm is from a junkyard And prob junk. Gonna order a new from Gm and program it. ...
Sounds good. Yes, swapping the various control modules out and in sounds like SOP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts