Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Impala 3800 LS

My windows, all four of them, have stopped working. This did not happen over night; it was gradual to the point they just stopped one day. The windows do not go up or down from any of the switches. When you hit the roll down switch on the master switch it just buzzes. The buzzing is coming from the switch itself. I have ground and power, the switch and relay have been replaced with known good ones and it did not solve the issue.

If it was the motor that would not affect the other three doors...right? I am not really skilled at diagnostic work. I have checked the basics and I am at a loss. Looking for some help on the matter. My Google searches keep pointing to a broken wire or bad switch but I can confirm it is not a switch and I do not believe it is a bad wire due to having power and ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would check the voltage when the switch is engaged. It could be a power connection, either 12V or ground. It might measure 12 volts at rest, but when you try to operate a window, if it drops much below that, the window may not work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts