Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When fueling my car, I can only pump about a 1/2 gallon or so before the nozzle clicks back into the off position, falsely indicating that the tank is full. Could there be a block in the return air line?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never use the auto holder thingy on the pump, I worked at a gas station thru college and you wouldn't beleive how many times that that thing didn't work and all of the sudden there was 10-20 gallons of gas on the ground cause the moron fueling up wasn't paying attention.

To answer your question no otherwise the 1/2 gallon would be spilling out the side, the tube only holds about 1/4 of a gallon, you're probably doing it too fast, hold the nozzel and do it slower!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree with the first answer u could be shoving it in too much

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure about your car, but I had to replace a section of the return vent line that runs from the engine back to the gas tank to solve the same problem on my car. The return vent line pipe diameter is small and can easily get clogged due to rust and corrosion.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there could be. Or instead of shoving the nozzle in completely, leave about 2 or 3 inches out and set it on the low setting to reduce the resistance that the pump receives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts