Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally installed my Sony CDX-GT200 deck. I bought the METRA dash kit and a METRA LC-GMRC-01 interface/harness and everything hooked up great, volume on the chimes if great, was pretty happy with how smooth things went.

... until...

After the dash was put back and everything is working how it should be, I went to stick the plastic trim/bezel on around the head of the Sony and doesn't fit. The contours and curved corners of the dash interfere with it going back on.

So, now kinda ugly with the metal and such showing. Debating my next step. Cutting a more square hole in the dash would be good, if I was certain I could do a good job at it. If I trim too much off the bezel, being as small as it is, I'm worried too much of it will come of and it'll just snap in half.

Anyone else run into this issue? what (if anything) did you do?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Trim it away little by little with a drimmel and a sanding drum

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Bite me Ej lol I'm a hillbilly member?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"it" being the dash or the bezel?

I assumed a dremel would be used but, it's the ability to do a neat job that worries me. Hoped to find some pics of some successful trim jobs.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Trim the dash, hold up the bezel trim and mark where it needs to go with a pencil. Just slowly sand it away to where it will clear. Be slow and do it a little at a time. I've seen a lot of people hack it up with a saw and look like ass. You don't want that.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I didn't know there was a official hillbilly club that you could become a member of
member=remember hillbilly slang :giggle:

I may start a hillbilly club tho lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw a lot asking about what brand of head unit do people have, which harness to get, or dash kit... didn't find much about cutting the dash to fit the trim in properly. Maybe depends what words I'm using in the search but, not finding anything so started a thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts