Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a shock the other day, so to speak - opened the hood while my 01 Impala (3.4L, 91,000km) was running, and saw sparks coming from the front left spark plug well (the one closest to the belt). Got a flashlight, and after turning off the engine, saw that the wire boot was about an inch off the plug. I'm assuming the sparks were the electrical current shorting to the engine block - it also explains the misfire problems I had recently. Anyway, pushed the boot back on, checked the other boots, and all is well.

My question is what could cause the boot to come off? I've never seen that before.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,057 Posts
Probably was not pushed on firmly the last time it was removed. Always push until you hear a click and/or feel it firmly on the spark plug.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top