Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Impala with about 115k. I just replaced the upper intake manifold because it exploded when I tried to start the car. No engine damage or coolant in the block. I replaced the manifold, gaskets, and valves that came with the kit. It started right up. I let it run for a while and after about 15 min or so it will rev way up, crash way down, rev up again, down and dies. I then hear a "whooshing" sound. Started again and (in park) gassed it to about 3k rpm and it will sound fine and just die without. It fires up immediately again every time. I read on this site about a similar problem and looked like it could be the MAP sensor. Could it be that since I used a new manifold, the sensor won't work right? I am afraid to drive it and need my car to work. Can anyone please help???

·
Registered
557 Posts
Make sure the Mass Air Flow sensor is plugged in and the air hoses are all attached properly. Check all vaccum lines, and make sure they're hooked up properly. Make sure the intake is bolted down tight, and the MAP sensor is seated properly.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
There are some vacuum line connections that are behind and below the Ignition Coil unit. They are hard to see and can come undone.
Also check the UIM for any open vacuum ports that may need caps put on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts