Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking at picking up a set of 16" wheels off of a 2000-2001 7th gen, because I prefer the look of them over my OEM wheels. The ones I'm looking at look like this:

Has anybody put these on their 8th Gen? If so I'm looking for some pictures to see what It'll look like.

Also, has anybody tried putting 8th gen compatible TPMS sensors in these wheels?

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
10,945 Posts
The TPMS sensors (the rubber stemmed ones) will work just fine. As for how the wheel will look there was a member on here that was pretty good with photo shop. I can't remember who it was but maybe someone else will know. He did some pretty interesting renditions of different wheel styles and sizes. I'm not aware of anyone right off that has put the old wheels on though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TPMS sensors (the rubber stemmed ones) will work just fine. As for how the wheel will look there was a member on here that was pretty good with photo shop. I can't remember who it was but maybe someone else will know. He did some pretty interesting renditions of different wheel styles and sizes. I'm not aware of anyone right off that has put the old wheels on though.
Thanks for the info, the TPMS sensors were my main concern.

If our photoshop savvie comrade is reading this, a silver 8th gen with those wheels would be just fantastic.

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crude, with Microsoft paint! But close. I think they are too big.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don’t look too bad honestly. I think those wheels look aftermarket with different center caps in pictures. I can’t remember exactly how they looked on my 2000 LS.

I’d like to get a set of newer 18s for my 3.8 swapped 2000 base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts