2014 Tail lite gasket replacement - Chevy Impala Forums
Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls Discuss Chevy Impala TSBs and Recalls for all generations.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2014 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
dallas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 Tail lite gasket replacement

Does anybody know what the procedure is to complete recall # 13426? Any photos of the parts replaced? This is the fix for water getting into the trunk. Thanks
dallas2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2014
Senior Member
 
impy2ltz2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 220
Thanked 49 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas2 View Post
Does anybody know what the procedure is to complete recall # 13426? Any photos of the parts replaced? This is the fix for water getting into the trunk. Thanks
You should have received a letter from GM.

You have 2 years or something to get to a dealer.

Call a dealer up and make an appointment.

I had mine done - there's not anything that I can tell is different.
impy2ltz2014 is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2014
Senior Member
 
Bart77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Garus, Wisconsin
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 22
Thanked 199 Times in 147 Posts
The only thing that you may see that is different is that when you look a the Tail Lamp foam seal/gasket it may be a different color since that is the gasket that is being replaced in the recall. This is a customer satisfaction recall, so it will not last forever unlike a safety/Noncompliance recall. So if your car is involved you have until MARCH 31, 2016 to get the repairs completed.

Last edited by Bart77; 05-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Bart77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2014
Junior Member
 
Zazusmom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would get it done, my Impala is full of mold. They told me it must have been leaking since the day it came off the production line! The mold was in the passenger cabin. When they called me Friday they had it completely ripped apart, seats out carpet ripped out and trying to dry it out. I am so upset I don't know what to do. It will never be free of mold.
Zazusmom2 is offline  
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
dallas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had it done- there was no evidence of leakage but glad I had it done. The mechanic did a nice job, can't even tell that he removed the bumper/valance. Now lets have some rain!!!!
dallas2 is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2015
Senior Member
 
1970cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 1970cs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazusmom2 View Post
I would get it done, my Impala is full of mold. They told me it must have been leaking since the day it came off the production line! The mold was in the passenger cabin. When they called me Friday they had it completely ripped apart, seats out carpet ripped out and trying to dry it out. I am so upset I don't know what to do. It will never be free of mold.
Mine was almost as bad, dealer had it 2.5 weeks ripped it all out from the rear seat to the tail lights. They said that it would grow mold over night with out anything in the car but an ionizer! GM had engineers come with a liquid solution that finally killed it. I would have suggested dry ice for mold remediation.
1.5 years and two sets of tail lamp gaskets and new interior we have a dry mold free car.

Pat
1970cs is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2015
Senior Member
 
1999 White C5 Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,388
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Thanks: 109
Thanked 236 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
Mine was almost as bad, dealer had it 2.5 weeks ripped it all out from the rear seat to the tail lights. They said that it would grow mold over night with out anything in the car but an ionizer! GM had engineers come with a liquid solution that finally killed it. I would have suggested dry ice for mold remediation.
1.5 years and two sets of tail lamp gaskets and new interior we have a dry mold free car.

Pat



Wow!

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ purchased new. The tail lamp gaskets were replaced by the dealer before the car was delivered. I have not had any leaks with the new gaskets and I periodically check the trunk.

It amazes me that GM can not build and deliver a new car without leaking tail light gaskets. I often wonder what other defects are inside the car with poor design and/or assembly.

Good luck with your repairs. I would be sick.
1999 White C5 Coupe is offline  
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2016
Member
 
impala_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
when I enter my vin on the gm website it says I have no recalls. Yet my trunk had water and both tail light have water on the gasket area. Id fix it myself until I discovered the bumper has to come off before reading about it here.
impala_14 is offline  
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2016
Senior Member
 
1970cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 1970cs
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala_14 View Post
when I enter my vin on the gm website it says I have no recalls. Yet my trunk had water and both tail light have water on the gasket area. Id fix it myself until I discovered the bumper has to come off before reading about it here.
It still should be covered under warranty unless you are pass the 3 year-36K miles?

It's a known problem, even if you are pass the basic warranty it should be covered by GM due to the health issue.

Pat
1970cs is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 1970cs For This Useful Post:
impala_14 (03-19-2016)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2017
Member
 
impala_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Does anyone know what I'm up against? Still leaking. I'm the second owner, had this warranty work done when I bought it at through the dealership that is Toyota. They sent to the chevrolet dealership down, scratched my bumper. I bought it in March of 16. Since it was repaired under warranty and still leaking will they still try again? Should I contact gm?
impala_14 is offline  
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2017
Senior Member
 
1970cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 1970cs
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala_14 View Post
Does anyone know what I'm up against? Still leaking. I'm the second owner, had this warranty work done when I bought it at through the dealership that is Toyota. They sent to the chevrolet dealership down, scratched my bumper. I bought it in March of 16. Since it was repaired under warranty and still leaking will they still try again? Should I contact gm?
What's the in service date for the car? And you won't be able to get the 12 month/12,000 mi warranty from the dealer that fixed it

Pat
1970cs is offline  
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2017
Member
 
impala_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It probably is March of 2016 shortly after I purchased. I normally garage it so I didn't really notice the leak still happening.
impala_14 is offline  
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2018
Junior Member
 
Miss V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my car is currently in the shop now for the same problem, did you ever find a solution
Miss V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 LT Impact Bar and Energy Absorber Replacement trm0002 Chevy Impala 9th Gen Discussion 1 07-23-2018 08:53 PM
2 Replacement For 2014 2015 2016 2017 Chevrolet Impala Key Fob Remote RSS Bot Impala Diecast Toys Cars on eBay 0 01-25-2018 08:10 PM
06-13 Chevy Impala Replacement Red Clear Driver Left Tail Lights Replacement RSS Bot Impala Diecast Toys Cars on eBay 0 10-23-2017 10:30 PM
Are There Any Designer Lights (head or tail) For The 2014 Impala LTZ? Konpachi Appearance 6 07-25-2017 12:17 PM
Oil pan and gasket. Best replacement parts nahyoudontknowme Mechanical and Electrical Problems 1 07-17-2017 07:45 AM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome