Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Lebanon, MO
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Thanked 87 Times in 79 Posts
I have no doubt the car will go to 200k miles, as long as you maintain it. Here is what I have done so far... I bought it almost 3 years ago at 34,000 miles, dealer tech wife owned prior to me....
- synthetic oil changes approximately 5000 mile intervals, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer
- drained and filled trans fluid 3 times with Castrol DeX VI
- replaced front hub bearings
- had front brake rotors turned because of pulsation, cleaned and greased everything while in there, stock factory pads still have a lot of life in them
- new tires and an alignment over a year ago
- installed the Addco rear sway bar and Moog rear end links on it when I bought it because I took them off the Grand Prix I traded in for the Impala
- upgraded the stereo to all aftermarket stuff, Rosen head unit, 10x better than stock
You saw my catch can thread I started... the next big maintenance day will be pulling the intake and cleaning it and the valves, installing a catch can, replacing the spark plugs, and flushing and replacing the coolant. I got a good look at the belt when I replaced the battery this week and it looked good, so I will look again when I do the intake job. I will probably flush the brake fluid and power steering fluid at that time as well. So, my 100K maintenance will turn into a project... What else is new?
I do think the Impala will go the distance. In the next 2 years and couple months of payments I have left, there will be another 50-60,000 miles on the car, easily. I know the suspension will eventually need some attention and I know the rear hub bearings will eventually fail. The factory brakes will eventually wear out and need replacement, so no surprises with any of this. If I can survive a major powertrain item failure, I will be happy.
2014 Chevy Impala LTZ Limited
- My daily driver... 5% Window Tint, Rosen GM1210 Stereo, Polk Audio Components and 6x9s, Pioneer, Kenwood amps and sub, Addco Rear Sway Bar, ZZP Strut Tower Braces, LED fogs and low beams, back up and interior lighting, SS dash, stereo and shifter trim.
2004 Pontiac GTO
- Garage queen from day 1... bought brand new 12/31/04... Quick Silver Metallic/Black/6 speed... too much to list
2004 GMC Yukon SLT
- Wife's DD... bone freakin stock